I wanted to start this blog to give back to the many blogs that my husband and I read during our journey to adopt a Vizsla. Those blogs not only helped confirm our decision to adopt a Vizsla, but also have helped us understand the many stages of puppyhood - what's normal and what's not. Plus - who doesn't want to see pictures of a Vizsla?!

Ildi is a Hungarian Vizsla who was born Nov.4, 2009 and joined our Calgary household in Jan. 2010 at 11 weeks old.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ildi gains weight


well, something magically happened, as of yesterday Ildi now weighs 17.5lbs. That's the biggest weight gain since we've had her; though she still looks like skin and bones!
I'm noticing that she's not eating her lunch amount consistently, but usually eats her full amount at breakfast and dinner. I'll even give her more at dinner if she didn't eat all her lunch.

Her house training seems to be going really well - often she sits at the door when she wants to 'do her business' and a couple of times she's even figured out how to ring the bell!

Chad comes home tonight - I'm so curious as to how excited Ilid will be to see him. Chad thinks she might not remember as he's been gone for almost as long as he was home with her when we first got her.
and I can't wait to have the help again with Ildi all day :) and I'm hoping that with Chad back Ildi's walks will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment