I wanted to start this blog to give back to the many blogs that my husband and I read during our journey to adopt a Vizsla. Those blogs not only helped confirm our decision to adopt a Vizsla, but also have helped us understand the many stages of puppyhood - what's normal and what's not. Plus - who doesn't want to see pictures of a Vizsla?!

Ildi is a Hungarian Vizsla who was born Nov.4, 2009 and joined our Calgary household in Jan. 2010 at 11 weeks old.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ildi at 14 weeks: Ildi goes to Banff


A friend of mine was in town yesterday so we drove to Banff together - with Ildi of course! I fear I'm turning into one of those annoying parents (of humans) that talks of their kid non-stop.
I was amazed at how well Ildi did - in the kennel for the 2 hour car drive and silent the whole way. I had covered her kennel with a blanket as I was worried that she would get cold being in the car for that long and it seems like that calms her down instantly. will definitely try that again! I would bring out for walks whenever it was appropriate with what we were doing and then feed her lunch in her kennel. I even took her on a gondola ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain. She was a hit with everyone! even becoming a 'tourist attraction' for a group of japanese tourists who wanted to take her picture.

She weighed in at 14lbs this week.
and I'm still having issues with her going on walks - even in Banff. It's getting sightly better, but not perfect.

and on a positive note - her 'stand' command is really coming. I'm now training her on a hand command as she has the verbal command!

No comments:

Post a Comment