I wanted to start this blog to give back to the many blogs that my husband and I read during our journey to adopt a Vizsla. Those blogs not only helped confirm our decision to adopt a Vizsla, but also have helped us understand the many stages of puppyhood - what's normal and what's not. Plus - who doesn't want to see pictures of a Vizsla?!

Ildi is a Hungarian Vizsla who was born Nov.4, 2009 and joined our Calgary household in Jan. 2010 at 11 weeks old.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Feb. 17: Ildi at 15 weeks




yeah Chad's home! and as I expected Ildi was super excited to him. She got to wake up to having Chad take her for her 7am pee trip and you could hear her little tail just going crazy while she got picked up to be taken down the stairs :)

Her walks have been slightly better since Chad returned, but still not perfect. She still sits suddenly or pulls go back in the direction of home. - but I should say that when she's walking she's doing an amazing job at learning the 'heel' command. Sometimes I forget how young she is and have to temper my expectations and learn not to get too frustrated if she's not sitting or heeling. It often takes a stranger who makes a comment at how well behaved she is to remind me!

2nd vet appoint yesterday for her 3rd round of shots. She absolutely amazing with the vet and us when we're poking and prodding her - is that her breed or specific breeding of her parents?
and she's up slightly in her weight at 18lbs now.

And something I just started to notice (and mentioned to the vet) is that her stomach is starting to change colour. I'm pretty sure it seems like her skin is getting darker, but to be honest I'm not sure which direction is going, but as a result she has patchy skin colour on her belly. Is this normal?

Dare I jinx us - we haven't had an accident inside the house in weeks! and more and more she goes to the back door herself to tell us she wants to go out and pee.

Also with Chad home, she's already learned to 'give a paw' (and the 'other paw'), 'high five' and 'high ten'. I give full credit to the clicker in enabling her to pick up things so quickly; I had doubted how useful it would be, but I'm convert now!

Today's pictures are from her playing on the back patio wih her favourite game - tearing a cardboard box to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment