I wanted to start this blog to give back to the many blogs that my husband and I read during our journey to adopt a Vizsla. Those blogs not only helped confirm our decision to adopt a Vizsla, but also have helped us understand the many stages of puppyhood - what's normal and what's not. Plus - who doesn't want to see pictures of a Vizsla?!

Ildi is a Hungarian Vizsla who was born Nov.4, 2009 and joined our Calgary household in Jan. 2010 at 11 weeks old.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 18: lots of cuddle time


so with Chad away, I've developed the habit of watching some evening TV with her on my lap. I love the cuddle time and I think she loves the nap time. Funny I had heard that Vizsla's are lap dogs, but it's still seems strange that that can be a breed thing - but it's definitely true in her case. She likes nothing more than playing with hey toys in your lap or sleeping on you. The sweet cuddle time makes up for all the times she won't listen to me and is jumping up on the couch or stealing slippers!

We're still having walk issues - but the plus side is that it's forcing me to drive her to other locations and then she also gets to meet more people and have new experiences. Though it's definitely more time consuming!

new fun game for her - she likes to play with more than one toy at once. So in this picture, she hides her ball under her pillow and moves it all around. it's quite entertaining to see how she makes new games for herself.

oh - and the new command I'm determined to teach her before Chad gets back it 'stand'.

No comments:

Post a Comment