I wanted to start this blog to give back to the many blogs that my husband and I read during our journey to adopt a Vizsla. Those blogs not only helped confirm our decision to adopt a Vizsla, but also have helped us understand the many stages of puppyhood - what's normal and what's not. Plus - who doesn't want to see pictures of a Vizsla?!

Ildi is a Hungarian Vizsla who was born Nov.4, 2009 and joined our Calgary household in Jan. 2010 at 11 weeks old.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 15: on my own!


so 'dad' Chad left today for a 10 trip and that leaves me with Ildi 24 hours/ day for 10 days! yikes! :)
the hardest part - like I've mentioned is that I'm home all day and I end up sucking myself in to spending all my waking time with her - with the exceptions of a few naps, though sometimes I also get suckered in to letting her nap on me :)
The upside is that I truly believe all the time spent with her at such a young age will pay off and she will be a very well trained/ behaved dog; the downside is that I feel like I don't have a life!

She's also started to refuse to go on walks - this is so strange! We normally go on 2 walks/ day and my husband and equally share that responsibility. Now that he's gone, she walks a few steps on the sidewalk outside our house and then sits down and refuses to go. I have to give a tug on her leash and tons of encouragement. Maybe this is just a one time/ day thing?

Today's new experience for Ildi was music. Though we knew she loved TV - she stares at it like any young kid does! I had just realized that we hadn't played any music in the house in the last two weeks. So I turned on the ipod in the other room and she just stared in its direction - so funny! I think she thought a person would show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment